- Fill out our Application Form form and pay non-refundable application fee to MTI.
- Application must include copies of past 3 years driving history, commercial and non-commercial, from each jurisdiction a license was held.
- Complete IELTS Academic English Language Proficiency Test with a 6.0 score or higher. IELTS test results must be submitted with application. Please visit https://www.ielts.org/ to find a testing station near you.
- Complete an over the phone pre-enrolment interview with MTI Instructor.
- Conditional acceptance letter will be provided upon successful completion of pre-enrolment interview, provided that all requirements in step one have been met.
- An invoice for tuition will be created and sent to you along with conditional acceptance letter. All invoiced fees are due before a final acceptance letter will be provided.
- Complete / provide proof of the following to MTI:
- Clean Criminal Record Check from your home country
- Ability to pass Canadian Medical Exam – The following link will take you to a sample of the BC Drivers Medical (see #2) http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/driving-and-transportation/driving/publications/driver-medical-examination.pdf; Other information on Driver Medical Fitness information please go to http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/transportation/driving-and-cycling/driver-medical/driver-medical-fitness/driver-medical-fitness-information-for-medical-professionals#over
- Proof of Canadian medical insurance for while in Canada
- Pass MTI online exam with 80% or higher
- Once all above listed documents are provided to MTI and invoiced tuition fees have been paid and confirmed by MTI, conditions will be removed from the acceptance letter and you will be provided with a final acceptance letter.
- Apply for study visa.
Fee Payment Methods
Payments can be made by one of the following methods:
- Wire Transfer – Contact MTI for Transfer Information
- Bank Draft / Certified Cheque mailed to: Mountain Transport Institute Ltd., 2181A 6th ave, Castlegar, British Columbia, Canada, V1N 3B2
- By phone via Credit Card: A service charge of 3% per transaction will apply