Full Time Class 1 Driver Training – Application Process
Are you ready to start on your path to a professional driving career?
Students wanting to enroll in either The MTI Way or our Standard Class 1 commercial driver training programs must begin our simple application process:
- Provide a copy of your current resume to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (250-365-5505).
- Specify which program you are applying for.
- Submit a request to have your driver’s abstract emailed to us at email@example.com. This document must be emailed directly to MTI by the government agency that issued it – if you’re in BC, you can request your abstract from ICBC here.
- You will be contacted by an MTI instructor for a pre-enrollment interview once we have received your documents. In the interview, we will discuss your application and answer any questions regarding training or employment after training.
- Upon your successful participation in a pre-enrollment interview, you will then be issued a Letter of Acceptance. This letter may be required by your funding provider.
The pre-enrollment interview allows us to explore your expectations of a professional driving career along with your suitability to the industry. We will also be able to discuss any questions regarding your career. Two main points we will go over are:
- Where do you want to live once you’ve completed your training?
- What type of driving job are you interested in: local, regional, or long-haul?
We want to ensure that Professional Driving is the right career choice for you and that you will be employable at the end of the program. This includes having a good driving record. There is no sense in enrolling in the program if you will not be employable upon completion of training.
To guarantee your reserved seat in a particular class, a deposit or letter of support from a funding provider is required. You must also obtain your Class 1 learner’s licence and provide us with a copy.
Part Time Class 2, 3 and 4
Students wanting to enroll in part-time Class 2, 3 or 4 commercial driver training must:
- Obtain the appropriate class learner’s licence and provide a copy to us via fax (250-365-5505) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Request to have your driver’s abstract emailed to: email@example.com. This document must be emailed directly to MTI by the government agency that issued it. In BC, you can request your abstract from ICBC here.
- Provide us with your contact information.
There are no specific start dates for part-time programs. A schedule can be created once the required assets have been received. Students must have appropriate class learner’s licence in order for any training to be scheduled, and all training will be scheduled based on instructor availability. Immediate availability is not guaranteed so please contact us well in advance to book your training.
Air Brake Course (Endorsement 15)
To enroll in an upcoming Air Brake course, please call the office (1-877-965-DRIVE) or send us an email to provide us with your first and last name (as it is appears your driver’s licence) and a cell phone contact. Note that we are currently managing a waitlist for our Air Brakes course, due to reduced class sizes.
**MTI’S PROGRAM FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IS ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19**
If you are wanting to apply for entrance into one of our international driver training programs, please see the International Admissions page.